The Kansas City Nick Bolton Chiefs will be missing two key defensive players for their upcoming Sunday night clash against the New York Jets. Starting linebacker Nick Bolton, who is still recuperating from an ankle injury sustained in Week 2, is set to sit out his second consecutive game. Additionally, second-year defensive back Jaylen Watson won’t be available this week due to a shoulder injury.
Bolton has been absent from practice for the second consecutive week, and Watson has been sidelined since Wednesday. The absence of Bolton for another week may result in Drue Tranquill getting another opportunity to lead the defense. Without Watson, the Chiefs’ secondary will need to make depth adjustments, and rookie Nic Jones is being closely watched as a potential candidate for playing time, despite his hand injury that has kept him sidelined since preseason.
Head coach Andy Reid provided an update on the Kansas City Chiefs’ practice session, stating, “The only ones that didn’t practice today were (Nick) Bolton and Jaylen Watson. He (Watson) has a shoulder strain, and we’ll just see. Most likely, he’ll be out along with Bolton.” Reid also expressed his team’s readiness for the upcoming game against the Jets, highlighting their preparation and understanding of the opponent’s talent.
Additionally, it’s worth noting that defensive tackle Chris Jones and wide receiver Kadarius Toney had limited participation in Friday’s practice session.
The Kansas City Chiefs will be missing two key defensive players, Nick Bolton and Jaylen Watson, in their upcoming game against the New York Jets. Bolton, a starting linebacker, is recovering from an ankle injury and will miss his second consecutive game. Watson, a second-year defensive back, is sidelined with a shoulder injury. The Chiefs will need to make adjustments in their defense and secondary to compensate for their absence.
- Who will replace Nick Bolton in the lineup?
- It’s likely that Drue Tranquill will have another opportunity to start in place of Nick Bolton.
- How long has Jaylen Watson been out with his shoulder injury?
- Jaylen Watson has been sidelined with a shoulder injury for the week leading up to the game against the New York Jets.
- Are there any other players with injuries on the Kansas City Chiefs roster?
- While Nick Bolton and Jaylen Watson are confirmed to be out, defensive tackle Chris Jones and wide receiver Kadarius Toney were limited in practice, suggesting they may have some injury concerns.
- Is there optimism regarding the Chiefs’ preparation for the game against the Jets?
- Head coach Andy Reid expressed confidence in the team’s preparation for the game and their understanding of the talent on the New York Jets’ roster. The players have had a good week of practice in anticipation of the challenge.
FOR MORE SPORTS NEWS